Develop future generation plasma sources through research
Dr Philippe Guittienne founded Helyssen in 2003 to develop and commercialize application licenses on proprietary technologies. Since inception, Helyssen research lab is located in the Swiss plasma center (SPC) in EPFL and collaborate closely with Ivo Furno's industrial plasma group.
Helyssen focuses on designing high efficiency inductively coupled and wave heated RF plasma sources.
Major milestones include:
- Development of an Helicon source sponsored by Alcatel Vacuum technology France (2004-2005)
- FIT grant of CHF 100’000 in 2006 for best innovative company
- Several Patents application for Helyssen’s antennas
- Collaboration sponsored by the CTI (project 9896.2) between CRPP / Tetra Pak / Helyssen between 2009 and 2012 to develop large area plasma source for Tetra Pak industrial food application.
- CTI project (14693.1) between 2013 and 2016 to develop Tetra Pak next generation food packaging solution
- CTI project (15082.1) with Tokyo Electron Solar / Applied Materials (June 2013-Dec 2014) to develop next generation solar cells production equipment
- Eurofusion project: Helyssen is developping June 2014- June2017)